Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Breaking Bad, Apostrophes

[Spoiler alert!] Reader, it's getting harder to watch Breaking Bad. Not because of the increasingly ruthless chicken truck-jacking scenes (eating the dead driver's lunch while the guards suffocate, so brutal), but because of Walt's near-complete transformation from mild-mannered narcissist into delusional raging asshole. Mike is standing out as the show's anti-hero hero, and I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Saul. As Walt falls farther down the rabbit hole of wanna-be gangsterism, moments of levity are hard to come by.

Apparently I missed International Apostrophe Day, but no matter! In Professional Critic's book, every day is International Apostrophe day! In honor of the hallowed day, blogger Sam Tanner tweeted this: An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit and a business that knows it's shit

So full of win! Reader, I would like a poster of this. And even better, I just spent 15 minutes on this apostrophe tutorial and enjoyed myself thoroughly! Yes, I am a dork, thanks for asking.

No comments: