Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Friday Night Lights

What it is reader! Do you watch Friday Night Lights? I know, you don't. And I totally, totally understand why. Football? Texas? Who cares? Me, either.

Or so I thought. Urged on by my very favorite TV critic Tim Goodman and my very favorite football fan, The Mama, I took the plunge. And was immediately hooked. Hooked! This show is about a marriage and life in a small town. It is smartly written and terrifically acted. And just got canceled due to poor ratings. Don't let that stop you--this is the same viewing audience that garners Charlie Sheen over a million dollars for each episode of Two and a Half Men.

Tami and Eric Taylor just may be my very favorite TV couple. I guess others feel the same way--while trying to find a You Tube clip that captures their thoughtful, loving, sexy awesomeness, I unearthed tons of clip reels Tami/Eric fans had compiled, set to cheesy music. Now that's fandom! Here's a quick taste:



Also worth mentioning: this show is extremely wholesome. No cursing, violence or depicted sex. However lots of sex implied, largely involving crazy-sexy-alcoholic-with a-heart-of-gold Tim Riggins, played superbly by Taylor Kitsch, and Lyla Garrity, the impossibly gorgeous Minka Kelly, recently named Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive. Who am I to disagree?

No comments: