Thursday, July 05, 2007

The End

I have a little post-Deadwood depression. Actually, I'm swerving wildly between four of the five stages of grief. Disbelief: I can't believe it's over. Bargaining: I heard the show John from Cinncinati is really bad. Maybe the writer will come to his senses and resurrect the show. Anger: What's wrong with them that they would abandon such a fantastic creation for some crap about a surfer? * Depression: If I can't watch Deadwood, what's the point of television? I haven't come to acceptance yet. I'm not sure what that would look like.

Isn't it refreshing to know that I've moved out of my laptop-induced euphoria into the deeper waters of television?

* I haven't actually seen John from Cinncinati but the willingness to proffer semi-convincing opinions about anything whether or not it's been seen/read/experienced is of course one of the signs of a Professional Critic.

No comments: