Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Technology

I wish my heart was in ranting and raving about the President commuting the sentence of Scooter Libby. But it isn't. I guess that's sort of a sad commentary on how cynical the Professional Critic has become. But really--I'm just so excited about my new MacBook that I don't care! Sure, the little keyboard has my bad typing worse than ever but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The most exciting thing is that it is wireless. I can take it anywhere and blog to my heart's content, freed from the confines of the desk. The first place I would love to be able to blog is in the bathtub, which probably isn't a good idea. Is there a waterproof laptop? There must be. What do all the oceanographers and ... fishologists use? I'll need to investigate but for now I'll keep it on dry land.

I just reread this paragraph and realized with a jolt how easily I have been pacified out of my rage with my nifty, swifty new computer. I feel a little bit concerned about this. Will the Professional Critic be rendered senseless by the opiate of consumption?

No comments: