Monday, January 09, 2012

Downton, etc.

Reader, last night was the Season Two premier of Downton Abbey and was I ever excited. But also distracted by the awesome live tweeting of Patton Oswalt. What is wrong with me, checking Twitter while watching TV? Media oversaturation at its worst! But I couldn't stop myself because Patton Oswalt's live tweeting of Downton was a wonder to behold. Recommend.

Mary's (played by the wonderful Michelle Dockery) dresses last night were fantastic. You can tell there's a war on since she wore one of them twice. THE HORROR. Anyway, fabulous dress #1 can be seen here, third from the top. Not a great picture but you get the idea. Swoon! The gorgeous red number you catch right at the beginning of this clip. Love. It.

While scouring interwebs for Downton pics n clips I'm realizing there are a lot of Season 2 spoilers out there, since the whole thing already aired in England. Trying to avoid them, although earlier today I glimpsed something I didn't want to know and now I can't un-know. Damn you, first-world internet problems!

In other urgent television news, Paul Rudd is going to be on Parks and Recreation. Gods be good! And wow, that phrase totally comes from Game of Thrones. When I cracked open my Kindle to check the wording of that phrase, I turned right to this passage:
Her loins still ached from the urgency of his lovemaking. It was a good ache. She could feel his seed within her. She prayed that it might quicken there ... She was not too old. She could give him another son."

Pretty much sums up what I can't stand about wench/m'lady/heaving bosom books in one short paragraph. Feh.

No comments: