Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Music Monday

I must have been having a music mind meld with The Mama yesterday because I was intent on her enlightening me with the name of the band/song that's been haunting me and it turned out after multiple sad attempts on my part to sing it to her, it was the exact song that had been haunting her. Like, whoa.

We turned to interwebs with the little bits of lyrics we knew. "I've been waiting for this moment for all my life" yielded only Phil Collins, "In the Air Tonight." We were all like innernets, FAIL. Then we tried, "the moon, the sun, the stars" and that was a big fat zilch, too. Finally, I went home and searched for "but it's not quite right," another fragment stuck in my brain pan and there it was, Silversun Pickups, "Lazy Eye:"



What an awesome song. Turns out the girl that sings in the beginning is not a girl at all! Admittedly, the video is sorta lame but there's a real cute girl in the band, no? Kinda like Justine Bateman who was so great in her Arrested Development cameo.

In non-musical news, a friend of mine sent me this and it made me laugh/weep really hard:
































I don't know if you can read the text at the bottom, it says:

You probably thought it was smart to buy a foreign import of superior quality, with better mileage and resale value. Maybe you even thought that years of market share loss might prod us into rethinking our process and redesigning our products with better quality in mind. But you forgot one thing: We spend a shitload of money on lobbyists. So now you're out $25 billion, plus the cost of your Subaru. Maybe next time you'll buy American like a real man. Either way, we're cool.


Ha! Have a happy and safe New Year's, reader. Let's hope 2009 sucks a bit less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama here. FINALLY watched the pickups video. And I think I'm officially a dirty old man. That young androgenous girl is unbelievably cute (not the bass player, but the girl who's flirting across the room). I was not expecting the lead singer to look like he does. Great song!

Professional Critic said...

Jeez, I thought that was a boy. Everyone in this video is so andro, it's confusing. Kids today.