Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Please Make it Stop

Gah! There's a car outside my building whose alarm is bleeping uncontrollably. A tow truck is idling loudly right next to it, and it is not meant for the bleepy car, meant for some other sick auto but has apparently triggered the set-too-sensitive-for-this-neighborhood alarm. Bring on the firetrucks! Any kind of first responder will do, long as they have flashing lights and sirens. And while we're at it: dirty hippies, break out the bongos. Disgruntled dogs, start howling.

I literally cannot hear myself think and that makes me cranky. Know what else makes me cranky? Women that call themselves feminists that are anti choice. Sorry, I can't get over it and you know what? I don't want to.

I'm not the only one who's cranky. Over 31, 000 people have made contributions to Planned Parenthood in Sarah Palin's name, for over $800,000. Sacks of thank-you cards go out next week. Apparently the McCain campaign has declined to comment.

In honor of our theme du jour, check out two excellent feminist blogs: Broadsheet and Feministing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! It's so great to hear the fantastic results of this most satisfying campaign to send a clear message while supporting an awesome cause!
~ Stace

Professional Critic said...

Totally! Would love to be a fly on the wall when those sacks of thank yous get delivered to their HQ.