Monday, September 29, 2008

Palin on Couric, Fey Does it Again

Oh sweet holy hell. Dooce was 'kind' enough to post this clip from Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin, forcing me to subject you to the horror of it. Sorry, reader and tell me again why the polls are so close? She invited Palin supporters to leave a comments describing why they believe Palin to be qualified and so far there aren't many Palin supporters in the bunch, but since Heather is a self-proclaimed liberal nutbag maybe most of her readers are, too.

If you haven't seen this weekend's SNL spoof of this interview, check it out. It's chilling to see how little was required of Fey to satire her, because Palin's performance is basically satire, a mockery of US politics weep.



On a side note, I've noticed that my knives were getting pretty dull, to the point that I was exerting so much force to cut things I felt I could easily hack my own finger off. I grew up in a dull knife household and clearly remember cutting off the fleshy top of my thumb chopping celery. I sported a flat-topped thumb for months. Ever since reading on the Michael Ruhlman website that you should have your knives professionally sharpened twice a year I've felt remiss because I've only had my knives sharpened professionally never times a year. This would explain why vegetable prep has become an extreme sport in my kitchen; I'm at least ten sharpenings behind.

For about a second there I thought I would bring my knives down the Farmer's Market for the seemingly convenient knife sharpening truck, parked next the rotisserie chicken truck, but that hasn't happened either. It was time to take the lazier person's route. Michael Ruhlman's blog linked me to this knife sharpener that seemed pretty dummy proof then that led to this pint-size version, perfect for us storage challenged apartment dwellers. I sharpened all my knives tonight this weekend and gave a gasp of delight when I effortlessly sliced through green beans rather than pulverizing them. Sometimes it is about the right tools.

No comments: