Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where I'm Not

As I am wont to do in these posts, I had planned to moan and groan about I'm Not There, the Bob Dylan pic featuring six actors playing different versions of his life. My intention was to complain that it took me three sittings because I kept falling asleep and I never even finished because Gus knocked the TV plug out of the outlet with fifteen minutes left and I gave up, and how I don't really care about Bob Dylan, but feel I should because ... I don't know, he's Bob Dylan. But before I could even finish the first sentence of that post I grew tired of my own whining and pitched the idea entirely.

Instead, working off the theme of not being there, I decided to share some travel pictures that have been sitting quietly in my computer minding their own business until now.


I am not in Mendocino



I am not in Po'ipu, Kaua'i


Or at the Hindu Monastery in Kaua'i


Not in Point Reyes


Or rescuing a turtle from a vehicular encounter on a lavender farm in Cape Cod with Monica


Instead I'm here, in my apartment, with the beasties. Which is okay, I guess. But I'd rather be there. Any of the theres will do.

No comments: