Sunday, February 10, 2008

Professional Critic Rolls In It

If you're a regular reader of any of the linked blogs over yonder, you know that blogging can be a source of income and for some like Dooce, her blog supports her family of three. I'm happy to announce that I, too, can join the ranks of the blogging rich. In the nearly two years that I have had this blog, I have earned almost ten whole dollars.

You won't be surprised to hear I have big plans for this money. For example, I can buy almost a whole bag of kitten food. Or half a bag of World's Finest Cat Litter. This will be enough for one pound of Peet's House Blend, a quarter of a tank of gas, half of an oil change, five pairs of undies from Ross (tax not included), or one seventh of a currently outstanding parking ticket to the city of Oakland.

Because this windfall has triggered my money lust, I've also added a Google search function on the right. You can search my blog or the interweb and for any clicked search result I earn one one hundreth of a cent! I'm already looking to wrest a Greek island from the clutches of Athina Onassis. The horizon of possibilities stretches before me, reader, and with your help, I will get there.

(For those of you on tenterhooks about my dicey cell situation: I did go to AT&T yesterday and the nice saleswoman opened my phone, took a little doohickey out of it, said something like, "blah blah blah ... sim card ... blah blah software ... old blah blah ... cell tower ... blah reception blah" put a different doohickey in it and sent me on my way. We'll see if it works or of my phone will sleep with the fishes.)

No comments: