Friday, December 14, 2007

Human Oddities

This might cause me to lose sleep tonight. Today I read about a little girl in China who had a third arm growing out of her back. This picture alone is enough to haunt my dreams for years.

It's a snowball effect. I then can't stop myself from reading about the little girl who had the remains of her two deceased siblings in her abdomen. "One of the bodies was complete except for limbs but the second had only a head with hairs and part of its digestive system." A vision of which will be emblazoned inside my eyeballs as I try to fall asleep tonight.

Please God, make me stop. Then of course, there's tumors with teeth and hair. Just as I'm drifting off, I'll see that mass of fat, hair and teeth and bolt upright in my bed in a cold sweat.

But I have to admit--I love the last paragraph mini-lecture about the proper way to prep a teratoma for photographing. Someone tell Dirty Jobs about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the love of God, then, do not ever visit rotten.com.

Professional Critic said...

What the hell is wrong with those people? Why can't I stop looking at these sick pictures? Is it physically possible to stick your finger up your nose and have it come out your eye?