Friday, July 27, 2007

My Innaugural Photo!

My curiosity got the better of me at the grocery store and I bought a container of Woodstock Water Buffalo yogurt, Vermont maple, which I ate at work this morning. First of all, it is incredibly thick, and if you don't stir it but just spoon it right up, it has an almost a grainy consistency like Italian cheesecake. A little weird. But after stirring, it became creamy and more typically yogurty and pretty damn good. Water buffalo milk is much higher in fat than cow milk, so a six ounce container of yogurt delivers a whopping 30% of daily saturated fat. Since I'm already well on my way toward Lipitoraville, I'll have to go forego this cholesterol bomb from now on but if that is not of concern, I encourage you to give it a try.



Did you know that it is the water buffalo that puts the Bufala in Mozzarella di Bufala? I really didn't. I honestly thought bufala was just some variety of mozzarrella cheese from a cow. I feel dumb for thinking that since bufala is so obviously buffalo. I'll soothe myself with this nice little picture of the cow wearing a horn helmet.

Continuing on the theme of my own shocking stupidity, until a few days ago I thought the wifi at Starbucks was free. How disturbed was I to learn that in addition to paying eight dollars for a cup of coffee, Starbucks also charges an arm and a leg to get online. I'm not kidding, it's way more than you would ever pay at home. Being the cheap bastard I am, I just went home. Disappointing. Of course the first thing I looked up was how to hack into the Starbucks wifi. I haven't found anything yet, but I feel gripped by a wave of determination ...

No comments: