Monday, March 20, 2006

Follow Up and Annoying Disclaimer

Here's the citation from the New Yorker article I mentioned about President Bush and his ambivalence toward the scientific process: "Political Science: The Bush Administration's war on the laboratory," March 13, 2006, pps 58-69. This article does not seem to be availabe online however so you'll have to haul yourself to the library to read it, but it is well worth it. And timely, too. A few nights ago on 60 minutes they featured a NASA honcho whose name naturally I don't remember, but he has been studying global climate change for 30+ years, is the top authority in his field etc etc and as of late finds himself on a very short leash. Press releases concerning climate change are now required to pass through the White House; they come back all edited up to reflect the Administration's stance on global warming and greenhouse gases (like Santa Claus, apparently just a figment of our overactive imaginations). The best part is when 60 Minutes asked for a statement from the White House, they were told the person who would be able to comment on this would "never be available." Is this for real? Afraid so.

The other thing I hate to have to say is that Honey suggested that I put a disclaimer in this blog to let people know that although I rant and rave about medical issues, I am not a doctor. I don't play one on TV. I don't even own a thermometer. So if you have questions or concerns about your own health issues, do your own damn research and don't even think about suing me cause I don't have any money. Hmph.

No comments: