Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Prep for Thanksgiving, Part II

Is not what this post will be. I put the pumpkin pieces in to bake, but they won't be done until after midnight which will cause me to skip a day of posting which is totally unacceptable because it's NaBloPoMo and if I miss a day I'm a bad person.

Phew! Glad I got that off my chest. But I was going to post about my pumpkin dish and I don't have a back-up idea. All my ideas are half-baked like my pumpkin. Sorry.

But I will leave you with a recipe for artichoke dip that my Nanny always used to make for holiday gatherings. It is so damn good you will eat it compulsively until you feel sick.

2 cans plain drained artichokes (not marinated)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (did I mention this dip is really bad for you? It is.)

Cut up artichokes into small pieces
Mix with cheese and mayo
Bake in 325 oven for 30 minutes

Try to let it cool before you devour with crackers or bread--it's like molten lava.

No comments: