Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Parting Words

I'm about to go east to visit the fam, so just a few things ...

Am I the only one who feels suspicious of the "Forever Stamp?" I wasn't really all that bent out of shape that postage went up two cents. It is still really an amazing deal when you think about it, cheap and pretty darn efficient. Did USPS think that people would just not be able to handle the two extra cents when they are paying almost $4 a gallon for gas in parts of the nation, i.e. the one I live in? Maybe they are counting on people like me who stock up on the Forever Stamp, then forget about the stash and keep buying them as they go up in price. It's a good deal ... almost too good. I'm hard pressed to come up with any kind of conspiracy theory that the US Postal Service might be behind, but let me think on it and get back to you.

No comments: