Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Stand Corrected

Ay yi yi. Professional Critic is so uncool. Remember a few posts back when I was ragging on the clerk at Peet's for wearing a t-shirt that said "Itty Bitty Titty Committee?" Readers, IBTC is a movie about seemingly fabulous lesbians starring some of the fav dykes on screen--the girl from Go Fish (remember that?), the Asian woman who got all wiggy with Angelina in Foxfire, Mel from thirtysomething (you need to dig deep for this one, the redheaded photographer) etc. Sorry, Peet's girl.

I watched two movies today--The Departed, which was entertaining but not the big whoop we were all led to believe it would be. What's with Matt Damon being so good at playing psychopathic imposters? Remember The Talented Mr. Ripley? I might feel a little concerned if I was his wife. Then The Woodsman, starring Kevin Bacon as a newly-paroled child molester trying to start life over with love interest and real-life wife Kyra Sedgwick. Actually decent, though not what you could call uplifting. Kevin plumbed the depths of sadness not seen since the Reverend outlawed dancing.

There was a jolt of an earthquake in the midst of my movie-watching, a 2.8 according to USGS. I've not experienced anything bigger than a 3. something and can't say I wish to. These little shocks are plenty to remind me where I live.

No comments: