Monday, February 12, 2007

The Asylum for the Criminally Insane Panda

You may have noticed I'm on a bit of a panda kick lately. I don't know why, I just can't seem to stop. This picture today was just a killer, so I did a quick search for the home of this kookoo cute montage and discovered it was the Giant Panda Breeding Center in Chengdu, China. Right up my alley, so I found their web page.

Have you ever in your life seen a more depressing, less animal friendly looking place? Perhaps the gigantic cages in the foreground gives it away. Like most Americans, I don't like to see the harsh evidence of a captive animal. Give me tall fences seemingly made of leafy green bamboo! Concrete painted to look like wood! Anything but this!

Do any of you live near Chengdu, China? Can you spare an afternoon snapping pictures that the nice people at the Giant Panda Breeding Center can use to freshen up their ultra Chairman Mao website?

No comments: